This is a plastic model kit, which comes unassembled and unpainted. So glue, model paints and other basic modelling tools are additionally required.
The A17 Tetrarch was a light tank manufactured by Vickers-Armstrong. Work on the pilot tank began in 1937 as a private venture with no War Office backing. The A17 had armour up to 14 mm thick giving a combat weight of 7.6 tones. It was powered by a 165 bhp Meadows 12-cylinder petrol engine, giving a road speed of over 65 km/h. It was armed with a 2 Pounder anti-tank gun and a co-axial 7.92mm Besa machine gun. The War office approved the pilot tank in 1938 and placed contracts for 220 tanks. By 1941 the Light Tank had fallen from favour and the contract was reduced to 177. Of these 20 were sent to the Soviet Union, and a small number sent to West Africa for a invasion of French Madagascar. The remaining tanks were passed on to Airborne Forces in the UK. By 1944 some had been fitted with 3 inch howitzers and designated Tetrarch MkICS while others had "Little John" squeeze-bore adaptors fitted to their 2 Pdr guns. Tanks of the 6th Airborne Div, Armoured Reconnaissance Regiment were landed in France on D-Day and saw action until replaced by heavier Cromwell tanks. Tetrarch was retired in 1945 and placed in reserve until 1950 when all were scrapped.